Top Things to Do | Visit Allen, TX CVB
Top 10 Sizzling Summer Things To Do
1. COME SEE A REAL SUMMER SHOWDOWN, AUGUST 6
The toughest sport on dirt comes to Allen Event Center on August 6 when PBR Presents: The Silvano Alves Challenge as part of the Real Time Pain Relief Velocity Tour in support of Boots for Troops. Grab your tickets and your herd and get ready for some professional bull riding!
Tax Free Weekend, August 11-13
3. Grab your boards and hit the water
Grab your board and take a spin around our state-of-the-art cable wakeboard park. With a beginner system, a pro shop and a shaded beach, Hydrous Wake Park is the perfect place to get your shred on.
4. Stop the Sweat with a Sweet Treat
Take a break from the summer heat and enjoy some nice cold gelato at Paciugo, Italian ice at Rita’s, frozen yogurt at Menchie’s or good old fashioned ice cream at Coldstone Creamery.
5. kidMania Spray Ground, Now through October
Keep cool during the hot summer months with water play at kidMania. While you’re there, check out the largest handicap-accessible playground in Texas.
6. Coolly Catch a hot summer blockbuster
Whether you’re catching a thrilling action flick or the newest rom-com, come take in one of summer’s hottest movies on one of Cinemark’s 16 huge screens while cooling off in the A/C.
7. Hit The Holes UNDER THE STARsBeat the heat and swing some wrenches after the sun sets. With a lighted drive range, over 50 hitting stations and nine target greens, the Courses at Watters Creek is the perfect place to get your swing on this summer.
8. Cool Off With A Cold Brew Spend your summer evening sipping a cold brew in the tap room or on the patio of Nine Band Brewing Co. Be sure to try the June Bug Summer Wheat™ for a refreshing treat.
9. Snap your fingers to the sounds of summer
From today's top hits to smooth jazz, you can hear it all around here. Check out these spots that are heating up the music scene this summer.
10. Get Ready for Outdoor Fun
Stop by Cabela’s and they’ll show you the ins and outs of this outdoor superstore. They’ll even hook you up with fly-fishing lessons.