SlideShow

  • St. Mary is a lovely restored historic church located in the Allen Heritage Village.
  • The congregation of First Christian Church built this Prairie style structure in 1918 to replace its original rectangular building and brush arbor. Allen Christian Church is now located within the Allen Heritage Village.
  • The Allen Veteran’s Memorial honors all branches of military service with five 18-foot granite monoliths surrounding a 65-foot American flagpole
  • Allen is the proud home of the Connemara Conservancy, a nonprofit land trust dedicated to preserving and protecting open space and the natural beauty in North Texas.
  • The Bolin House was built about 1920. It is a one-story Craftsman Bungalow style house that was popular during that time and was originally located on the Whisenant farm north of the present circle on Allen Drive.
  • See a replica of the original Allen Train Depot of the Houston and Texas Central Railway Company, the museum’s collection of historical Allen, videos on the history of Allen and more.
  • Allen’s 1874 stone dam and railroad water station is designated by the Texas Historical Commission as a State Archaeological Landmark and thought to be the only railroad water reservoir dam left in the United States.

Show previous set of thumbnails

Show next set of thumbnails

◄ Back to History photos