Top 10 This summer
PLAN YOUR summer bucket list
Sweet summertime in Texas! School is out and so is that sun. Allen has great options to keep your family cool while having a ton of fun throughout your summer break.
1. Splish Splash!
2. Teen Spirit!While spraygrounds are great for the young ones, we know that teens usually prefer their outdoor activities served up with more adrenaline. For them, Hydrous Wakepark at Allen Station has them covered. At the park’s 10-acre lake, wakeboarders of all ages and abilities can learn and hone their skills while being towed by a high-tech cable system. Now open seven days a week throughout the summer, Hydrous plays host to single- and multi-day camps, small group lessons and birthday parties.
3. Rad Ramps!Located on the south end of Allen Station Park, the Edge Skatepark and visitor center complex features a concrete skate park, two roller-hockey rinks, BMX track and Visitor Center. The skate park is one of the largest outdoor facilities of its kind in the state and best of all, use of the park is free!
4. Cool Down!An afternoon of whirlybird 540s and half-cab double back rolls can cause one to work up quite an appetite. Fortunately, Watters Creek at Montgomery Farm offers no shortage of destinations for athletes seeking sweet rewards for their aquatic efforts. At this upscale dining and shopping destination, you can enjoy authentic Italian gelato and iced lattes at Paciugo, homemade custom fro-yo at Menchie’s Frozen Yogurt and insanely inventive popsicles (think Blueberry Cheesecake, Nutter Butter and Pomegranate Grapefruit) at the newest outpost of Frios Gourmet Pops.
5. SHOP tax free!Whether it’s back to school shopping or a little treat for yourself, our three major shopping centers (Allen Premium Outlets, The Village at Allen, and Watters Creek at Montgomery Farm) will be the place to be on tax free weekend. Save a little moula on those new fall duds and close out summer in style!
6. Chill out!Wind down from your day at one of our local watering holes. Spend happy hour out on one of our many bar patios like Bar Louie, Shakertins or Cru Wine Bar. Or, if you’re a premier craft beer kind of person, head over to Nine Band Brewery. You can take a tour of the 5,400 sq ft. brewhouse and learn about every step in the crafting process overseen by their award-winning brewmaster. Or simply relax with friends inside the 1,500-square-foot tap room or on the large covered patio.
7. unwind on windy trails
Bring your golfing buddies and hit the links The Courses at Watters Creek, which is home to not just one course but a venue that includes multiple courses designed by 10-time PGA Tour and Champions Tour winner, D.A. Weibring. And if you’re no pro, no worries! The Courses aren’t just for pros. With an 18-hole, nine-hole and six-hole course, there are enough options that players of all skill levels will find a good challenge. If you are looking for an award-winning course with a more peaceful vibe, head over to The Golf Club at Twin Creeks. This course winds its way around two natural, free-flowing, tree-lined creeks. Known for its peaceful setting and as one of the most naturally preserved golf courses in Texas, Twin Creeks has become a local favorite. And for fun and practice, you can’t beat Topgolf.
8. stay frizz-free!We all know that summer and humidity can do a number on a good ‘do. Get a touch up at Blo Blow Dry Bar, and while you are at it, get your mani-pedi fix at one of our many nail salons.
9. tee off!