Top 10 Things to Do | Visit Allen, TX
TOP 10 ways to ring in spring
1. get musicalGrab a picnic blanket and head to Watters Creek at Montgomery Farm for Concerts by the Creek. Top artists like Elevation, Moving Colors and Counterfeit Radio perform Saturday evenings from 7pm to 9pm in April, May and June.
2. beat the heat The City of Allen’s ever-popular kidMania Sprayground in Celebration Park opens for the season on May 2 and welcomes kids 2 to 12 years old.
3. grab some airAllen’s Hydrous Wakepark is to the place to cable wakeboard, no matter whether you’re a novice or experienced shredder.
4. get your side(kicks)Catch the Dallas Sidekicks of the Major Arena Soccer League as they take on teams from across the country at Allen Events Center. There are only two home games left this season, so catch the Kicks in action while you can!
5. prepare for battleThe Overwatch League’s Ultimate Weekend comes to Allen Event Center for two days of professional Esports mayhem. The Dallas Fuel is set to host its first home games in Overwatch League history when thousands descend upon Allen Event Center April 27 and 28.
6. savor some cincoThere’s no better place to ring in Cinco de Mayo than Allen, home to Uncle Julio’s, Mi Cocina, Papa Lopez Mexican Cantina and Fuzzy’s Taco Shop.
7. embrace your artistic side
Perfect weather means Spring is the perfect time to get outdoors with family and friends. Your kids can test their angling skills at the Fishing Derby at Bethany Lakes Park and the whole family can enjoy a traditional camping experience at Allen’s Family Night Campout & Movie.
8. celebrate easterFamily-friendly Easter activities abound in Allen, including Breakfast with the Easter Bunny, an Under the Sea Easter Adventure, the Easter Open Skate and a most Eggcellent Family Adventure.
9. connect with mother nature